27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to be part of a team that supports our global platforms, delivering cutting edge services across the globe.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in working across global data centres, working with virtualized technologies and networking solutions. You’ll be looking at the latest technologies and be part of a team dedicated to helping drive the business forwards while maintaining 24/7 services.
This role will offer you the chance to get involved in a wide variety of projects and give you the chance to grow your skills both through training and on the job experience.
Within Technical Services, no two days are the same. We are looking for someone that is hard-working and agile. You will need to be able to keep up with a fast-paced working environment.
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression is a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
What you’ll be doing
As Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for the technical operations elements of transformational projects across the group. These projects will range from acquisition migrations through to resilience and compliance platform developments. You’ll get to work with physical and virtual servers, networks, security, and storage of the Commify production and back office infrastructures.
Specifically, you will take responsibility for:
- Migrating on premise infrastructure into Azure
- Maintaining and improving our IT infrastructure in line with transformation projects
- Working closely with Development, Acquisitions, Product Management, Solutions and Support on projects that cut across all areas
- Completing daily system checks
- Responding to system alerts in and out of office hours
- Owning and solving any platform problems as they arise
- Daily monitoring of the platforms across the whole estate
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in hearing from candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, in this close-knit team, being able to work well with others is crucial
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Good judgement with an ability to understand when to escalate queries
- Resilience and the ability to handle high volumes of work
- Managing and supporting Cloud infrastructure in Azure (Azure VMWare Services Experience would be a bonus)
- VMWare (Cloud, On-Prem and Hybrid implementations)
- Experience with using Linux
- Experience of delivering in a combined project and reactive environment
- Recent experience of Cisco networking including VPNs, HA and firewalls (CCNA Routing and Switching preferable)
- Recent experience of working with VSphere and Hyper-V (upgrades and migrations between platforms is essential)
- Windows Server deployment and Active Directory (MCSA)
- Experience of identifying emerging server, storage and cloud technology trends and assessing suitability for use
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience managing supplier relationships and budgeting
The next step
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]