27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
About the role
Commify are looking for a proven IT Service Manager who can establish best-practice Service and Incident Management processes whilst enabling our growing business to work at pace. There is huge scope for you to shape and evolve the process, working with stakeholders across the business and IT. You will work at a variety of levels, all the way from co-ordinating the resolution of live IT Incidents, to designing IT service processes that can work at a global scale. The IT Service Manager will play a key part in helping us standardise the way we work across a variety of platforms and teams.
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression is a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
Principle duties and responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Define IT Service Management processes to facilitate rapid software delivery in a safe and secure way
- Manage major Incidents, both operational and cyber-related
- Ensure we learn from Incidents and the right teams participate in a feedback loop to prevent future recurrences
- Ensure Incidents can be managed effectively 24x7x365, leveraging our partners and on-call teams
- Ensure Change is planned, transparent and agile, without sacrificing speed or stability
- Ensure the IT Request process works for both those requesting and those delivering
- Ensure reporting is providing the right information to both the business and to IT teams on the health of our services
Skills / Experience
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate, with a proven track in a similar role. In particular you are required to:
- Drive the resolution of major issues with internal and external teams to drive Major Incidents and Problems to resolution.
- Prioritise multiple high priority issues at any given time without sacrificing SLA commitments.
- Oversee the completion of the post-mortem statement for all high severity, critically impactful incidents and problems.
- Communicate about IT matters effectively with internal business stakeholders and with IT teams and our suppliers, across multiple global geographies
- Foster internal relationships in order to organise incident resolution efforts as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Manage relationships professionally to get the best out of our suppliers
- Design processes that are informed by a deep understanding of Information Technology infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3/4 framework/best practices, and Agile software delivery methodologies.
- Plan and deliver projects in the IT Service Management space
- Have a good understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
Please note: This is intended as a guide to the range of duties involved. The post holder will need to be flexible and adaptable in order to respond to changes and developments in business priorities
What to do next
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
The legal stuff