27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
About the role
We are looking for a Senior IT Services Engineer to help grow both the knowledge and capacity of our internal IT function.
This role is based in Nottingham, but at the moment will be working remotely. You will enable us to expand the support we provide our global internal users.
In this position you will have exposure to a wide variety of technologies, both cloud-based and hosted on premise, while working as part of a close-knit team. The day to day work will vary from reactive escalations to challenging projects like onboarding new services or migrating users as part of integrations.
In this team, no two days are the same. We are looking for someone that is hardworking and agile. You will need to be able to keep up with a fast-paced working environment.
About Commify (t/a Esendex)
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression is a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
What you’ll be doing
As Senior IT Services Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service to our internal customers
- Supporting users hardware and software escalations, logging these as tickets and seeing these through to resolution
- Migration and consolidation of internal tools as part of integration projects
- System maintenance including patching, auditing and ensuring we are adhering to industry best practice
- Acting as a mentor for IT Services Engineers
- Proposing and implementing new ideas that improve the productivity of staff through IT
- There will be a requirement to be available both out of hours with notice and be part of on on-call rota for supporting urgent out of hours escalations
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in hearing from candidates with the following experience or personal attributes:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with employee onboarding / offboarding workflows
- Experience of tracking assets: hardware and software
- Good judgment with an ability to understand when to escalate queries
- Resilience and the ability to handle high volumes of work
- A team player; in this close-knit team, being able to work well with others is crucial
- Excellent customer manner: able to deal with customers face to face, over the phone or via a ticketing system
- Active Directory management experience, including GPOs
- Office 365
- Google Workspace
- Laptop builds, imaging, deployments and updates
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 – 2019
- Mobile Device Management
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience managing inter-office networking
- VOIP Technologies
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience managing a team of engineers
- Experience of migrating back office systems
- Vendor management and procurement
Experience with the below technologies:
- Datto RMM
- 8×8 (Work or Virtual Contact Centre)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Cloud hosted antivirus utilities (i.e. Sophos)
- Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Cisco Networking
- Saas Cloud Backup Utilities
The next step
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.