27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You’re bright, tenacious and want to play a large part in a highly successful growing business.
Hard working and passionate about driving continual improvements, you’re someone who gets things done. You’re excited about bringing your energy and a can-do attitude to further the already considerable success of this business.
You will speed up delivery of the Data to the Commify business and increase the self-service capabilities of our data. You will be to identify, locate and quality assure the data required under the Commify wide Data Strategy.
This is a role where you will find and fetch the data rather than co-ordinating and requesting data from others.
What you’ll be doing
You will work across the group to help translate business data needs into data source requirements and provide quality checks to ensure the data is accurate and high quality. You will understand how our data is used at Source and how it will be used in the Destination (whether other business system or a Data Warehouse) and you will play a key role in helping the Data as a Service Team to create new data feeds and enhance data from existing feeds.
- Stakeholder Management – Identifying relevant stakeholders for each Data Source and working with them on process and procedures to identify the data and manage the quality of it going forwards
- Requirements Specification – Work with the Source, Destination and Integration stakeholders to provide technical specifications at the appropriate level of detail and to validate the work at the appropriate stages
- Data Audit – Working with all stakeholders in the data pipeline to validate the data both in source and destination. Including analysing the data, providing statistical information on the quality of it and working with all stakeholders to resolve any quality issues
- Domain Expert – Gain an understanding of how the data in Source and Destination systems drives business logic and behaviour and ensure as the data moves between systems it accurately represents the expected logic and behaviour
- Communication – Communicate progress against commitments to the stakeholders and Project Managers
- Maintain the data dictionary to support self-service data reporting by internal users
- Ensure all data feed and integration documentation is complete
- Capture non-functional requirements from stakeholders in relation to integration, performance, resilience and operational support of the data
- Mentoring and supporting others on data quality and assurance
- Be the expert in Tableau (or similar system)
- Working with stakeholders to spec reports and produce these in Tableau
- Driving the automation of reporting and wider use of Tableau throughout Commify
- Ensuring much shorter feedback loops and a more agile approach to reporting developments
- Living and demonstrating our values at all times: Passion, Innovation, Ownership, and Integrity
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in hearing from candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience of working with business systems owners and understanding their business processes and data
- Ability to audit business data and identify issues with the quality or intended use of the data and to put together a plan to resolve those issues
- Ability to listen to a business problem, identify the data that could be used to resolve the problem and then finding the data and putting it into the right system
- Ability to work with business and Data teams to capture, refine and document requirements
- Excellent communication, analysis and workshop skills. Capable of producing high-quality documentation
- Excellent team worker, experienced in building strong relationships with Finance, Product, Commercial and Engineering teams
- Experience of mentoring others in professional and personal development
- An ability to apply measured self-restraint, empathy and courtesy to others during challenging situations, for example, when dealing with a difference of opinion.
- Commercial experience
- Previous experience of working with large data sets (brands, products, customers, SKUs etc.)
It would be great if you also had:
- Understanding of the financial and commercial business process involved in running an SMS messaging business
- Previous experience in an agile delivery environment
- Able to communicate in another language (Spanish, Italian, French, German)
- Qualifications in Project Management
- Retail or similar industry experience
- CIMA qualified
The next step
To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com.