27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
About the role
As the Product Owner in an Agile software team you’ll be the “Voice of the customer” and business face of our applications team. You’ll be responsible for working with stakeholders from across the business to identify the problems we should really try to solve and devising and delivering solutions through the full lifecycle as part of a cross-functional Agile delivery team. On a daily basis you’ll be capturing and refining requirements, decomposing them into user stories and prioritising them as part of the product backlog.
You will also be contributing to a range of product activities – from team practice and process improvement to supporting the development of our strategy.
About Commify (t/a Esendex)
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression are a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this, you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
What you’ll be doing
You will support the Product Team with the successful delivery of migration projects within the group. This role will be crucial to making this work: helping to understand the differences between the incoming and target platforms; Product Owning the development phase; supporting the migration phase and helping with escalations from the customer support phase. This role will involve;
- Product Owning the development phase, writing user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure efficient use of resources and successful completion of tasks (to meet customer expectations)
- Supporting the migration phase, working with Sales on cohort analysis, customer impact and support, working with marketing on comms strategy, working with support and training on business readiness and documentation, and liaising with engineering and project management to support, monitor and track successful customer migration between platforms
- Undertaking gap analysis to understand the differences between the incoming and target platforms, working with sales, marketing and development, including quantifying the gaps and making recommendations on which to close with development vs customer negotiation/ education.
- Helping with escalations from the customer support phase, acting as a platform expert to support customer queries and concerns, and impact assessing customer change requests, rapidly writing user stories and acceptance criteria for remedial development
You will also;
- Represent the customer needs and be the “voice of the customer” within an Agile software team
- Define and manage requirements ensuring the team has well defined, organised, prepared requirements that solve the problem
- Support & coordinate delivery such as documenting software changes for implementations and release notes and accepting completed user stories prior to release
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in a similar role. In particular, we are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Experience of working as a product owner in an Agile team and all Agile ceremonies
- Stakeholder management and leading requirements gathering
- Working with software-based products, ideally in a SaaS environment through full-lifecycle delivery
- Delivering business process change as part of software delivery
- Using empirical methods to support decision making
- Strong consumer knowledge and awareness of mobile technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to articulate and communicate a vision; and bringing those around on board
- Superb organisation and diligence; able to manage multiple priorities and pick out the critical detail
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience delivering software for international markets and working with international stakeholders
- Exposure to techniques such as user story mapping, persona generation, user testing
- Experience of collating data on product performance
- Knowledge/experience of JIRA, Confluence and Google Analytics
The next step
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org