27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
About the role
We are looking for a Database Developer to join our Professional Services team to design and deliver highly-performant, scalable, mission-critical software solutions and customer integrations. This is a multifaceted role working as part of a highly experienced Professional Services engineering team that delivers amazing solutions built on top of Commify’s core platform and product offering.
As a enthusiastic and results-driven developer, you will be excited by solving customer problems, developing intelligent solutions and working with the team to enhance and improve our database design and performance. You will have a passion for development and thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression is a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
What you’ll be doing
As Database Developer you will be responsible for:
- Working with customers and technical consultants to understand requirements and design creative solutions that solve business problems
- Making use of the right tools and data storage solutions to meet customer requirements in line with the TechRadar
- Delivering scalable and cost-effective data solutions, leveraging cloud technologies to balance performance and availability
- Ensuring that databases and data is secure and appropriately stored within all development, test and production environments
- Implementing best practices for data encryption including at rest and in-transit
- Being passionate about delivering results that deliver the best outcome for our customers
- Taking part in all stages of the software development lifecycle as part of a close-knit, highly-collaborative and continuously-improving team
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, planning meetings and retrospectives
- Providing specialist, technical support and being part of our data guild to help drive and support our colleagues and data roadmaps
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in hearing from candidates with experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years experience working in Professional Services development and delivering solutions as part of a results-driven team
- Strong experience of Azure Data technologies i.e. scalable database solutions
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server plus T-SQL
- Experience working with SQL Elastic Pools
- Configuration and monitoring of Geo-Replicated Azure SQL Databases
- Experience working on ETL developments
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment, working on fast-paced, deadline-driven projects
- Demonstrable experience of high-quality software delivery
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in a cross-functional, agile development team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
It would be great if you also had the following;
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar DB technologies would be advantageous
- Experience working with Azure and DevOps CI/CD
- Experience with programming practices such as pair-programming, trunk-based development, behaviour-driven development and test-driven development
- Capability to provide expertise and knowledge to support and feed into our data roadmap
What to do next
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
The Legal Stuff