27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
About the role
Commify is looking for a Software Developer in Test, you’ll partner with Lead Software Engineers and Product Owners to ensure that the correct test strategies and tools are in place to support the product roadmap. You will lead the execution of these test strategies within a small Agile team environment.
You’ll oversee the test activities across the team during the Sprint execution, defining suitable test plans and ensuring committed stories can be closed in a timely manner to avoid bottlenecks and play an active role in design meetings, leading software engineers to ensure testability and best practice are built into the architecture.
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression are a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 25 days holiday to your birthday off work. On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like social events.
What you’ll be doing
The role holder will be responsible for:
● To develop progress and execute automated tests across the Commify platform range as they evolve in line with client requirements, market trends and operational requirements
● Working with the Product Owner and team to understand and refine Acceptance Criteria, Test Plans and Test Scripts for forthcoming changes.
● Act as the main liaison between operations and delivery teams in relation to the operational performance of the platform.
● Design, build and deploy automated tests that monitor and assure the performance of the core platforms.
● Managing and progressing test faults as they are allocated.
● Carefully dividing your time between developing tests and successfully performing tests.
● Providing assistance with the administration of the test processes and procedures.
● A structured approach to change and fault management and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
● Create and maintain test plans and test cases.
● Monitor the reporting, managing and tracking of bugs in the applications.
● Work as a Technical Lead to rectify and retest issues encountered during testing and coach junior team members.
What we’re looking for
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate, with a proven track in a similar role. In particular they are required to have:
● Strong communication and negotiation skills
● Demonstrable ability to assess and prioritise test automation along with an understanding of the Return on Investment of the work
● Experience testing APIs, Postman, Insomnia using simple, maintainable tests
● Writing automated tests using NUnit or similar framework
● Experience of automated testing in a loosely coupled software environment consisting of multiple components
● Experience of automated testing of a queue based software system
● Good understanding of exploratory testing
● Experience of working in an agile environment and understanding of agile methodologies such as TDD, Scrum, Kanban
● Experience with defect tracking management tools such as JIRA/TFS/Bugzilla
● Strong SQL skills
● Operational Requirements testing experience (resilience, performance or security)
● Can read and write C# to a competent level
● Working as part of a multi-function team in a DevOps environment
● Cloud testing experience (VSTS, Azure, AWS)
● Experience testing SMS, IP messaging or other transactional messaging in a high throughput environment
● Website and web applications testing experience
● Use of version control tools such as GIT
● Understanding of Business Driven Development principles
● Implementing and supporting a test automation framework
● Experience of CI tools such as Jenkins
The next step
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
The legal stuff