27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
What to expect
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression is a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 27 days holiday and your birthday off work, to private medical cover, dental cover and bi-monthly social events! On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like beer o’clock and an amazing Christmas party.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to support Esendex’s future product and technology strategy by designing and delivering highly performant, scalable, mission-critical software systems through high quality and continuously improving software development practices.
This role involves working closely with a talented team of engineers to maintain and enhance our existing high throughput platforms. You will be part of a highly collaborative team where your opinion matters in helping continually improve our products and processes.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of our development, working with other teams on:
- High performance platforms used internationally by tens of thousands of users
- Highly performant APIs and services
- Scalable communication messaging systems
- Taking advantage of everything Microsoft Azure has to offer for new developments.
Continuous improvement is a key focus within the team, so we will support self-directed training in any relevant area and training and learning dojos are available internally.
What you’ll be doing
As a Developer you will be responsible for:
- Developing software across the full suite of our products and services
- Taking part in all stages of the software development lifecycle as part of a close-knit, highly collaborative and continuously improving team
- Leading agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, planning meetings and retrospectives
- Working closely with product managers to refine requirements into deliverable user stories and tasks
- Providing specialist technical support to colleagues, both in and out of hours
- Investigating, designing, planning and estimating potential projects and features
- Being the initial contact point for development sub-teams working on a workstream within the larger team
- Supporting team members in delivering to designs and internal standards
- Mentoring and supporting other team members
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Have designed, implemented and maintained web-based SaaS as part of a Product delivery function, which may have served hundreds to thousands of customers/users.
- Have had significant hands-on experience implementing modern front-end web development frameworks, such as Vue, React, Angular.
- Have strong experience in C# .NET.
- Have significant experience of working in a DevOps culture.
- Have significant experience of Reliability Engineering, particularly in a distributed architecture.
- Are comfortable being a big cog in a small team.
- Are able take a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Are able to operate at a broad level or detailed level depending on the scenario.
- Have spent many years honing their ability to talk clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flourish working in a highly collaborative, high-performing, small team environment.
- Have experience of mentoring team members in professional and personal development.
- Have are able to apply measured self-restraint, empathy and courtesy to others during challenging situations, for example, when dealing with a difference of opinion.
It would be great if you also had:
- Microsoft Azure PaaS technology for application development
- Infrastructure as Code scripting using Terraform
- Agile practices such as pair-programming, test-driven development and user stories
The next step
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com