27 days holiday
Buy or sell holidays
Regular social events
£350 Christmas vouchers
Birthday off work
About the role
The purpose of the Engineering Manager will be to deliver people leadership and management alongside technical leadership to 1 or more teams in Commify’s Engineering function. You will have experience with establishing a progressive culture, from mentoring and coaching engineers to driving engineering excellence through collaboration with the team, your peers and other stakeholders across the business.
As a technologist and engineer by background, you will love your craft, using your experience and passion to inspire engineering teams under your leadership to achieve their goals and commitments whilst equally focusing on your own professional development. This role will play a key part in helping us to progress our technology road map.
We make business communication brilliant! We work with more than 45,000 companies, helping them to transform their mobile communication with their customers and employees. Our success is the result of hundreds of talented people pulling together to achieve a common goal. Join our team and be part of our success story.
You will thrive in an environment of passion, integrity, ownership and innovation, where development and progression are a real focus. We’d like to think we have everything you’d expect from a benefits package, from 25 days holiday to your birthday off work. On top of this you can expect £350 of Christmas vouchers and added extras like social events.
What you’ll be doing
- People leadership and management, the right candidate will be delivering mentoring, code reviews, one to ones and being able to engender high performance from 1 or more cross functional development teams.
- Technical leadership in building highly scalable software solutions.
- Ensuring the customer experience is at the heart of all decision making
- Work with the Head of IT and the Product Owner to ensure feature and technical roadmaps are aligned with project plans and product roadmaps
- Driving the roadmap for our next generation of products and platforms e.g. Rich Content
- Being responsible for the full development lifecycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment; supporting a ‘you build it, you own it’ mindset
- Be a proponent of TDD and BDD, ensuring your team are delivering high quality software
- Delivering to rapid timescales in a dynamic environment and supporting the team by implementing fast feedback mechanisms to drive continuous improvement
- Use Jira metrics effectively to balance team commitments between feature delivery, technical debt and dedicated time for personal / team development
- Carry out monthly squad health checks to capture areas where the team are performing well as well as areas which require improvement and attention
- Work effectively with other engineering teams to share ideas and progress in your team; embrace a culture of internal open source to help improve our codebase
- Demonstrating leadership: looking after the needs of your team, helping with career and personal development
- Inspiring and leading a Microsoft .NET, Azure and Angular engineering team
- Demonstrating drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard
What we’re looking for
- Strong leadership experience and collaboration across multiple delivery teams
- People management experience
- Affective experience of reducing technical debt and working with a Product Owner or Business Analyst to create and deliver a roadmap.
- Experience of designing and building Cloud based solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of CI/CD in a Cloud based environment
- Strong experience in Scrum agile software delivery
- Educated at a degree or equivalent level
- Microsoft Azure knowledge (ideally PaaS components)
- Demonstrable ability to manage resource capacity across multiple streams of work
- Good working knowledge of project management
- Applied understanding of cloud security best practice
The next step
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, views and skills, embracing our key values. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the stronger we are as a team. We encourage applications from all candidates with the relevant skills and experience.
The legal stuff