Facebook is such a critical marketing tool is today’s business environment. Although Facebook’s security is quite effective, there are still techniques that every user needs to be made aware of in order to keep Facebook accounts safe from hackers.
Just recently 6.5 million passwords belonging to users of LinkedIn, LASTFM and eHarmony have appeared on the internet. Most websites store a second email address to help protect their users. This method is however slightly flawed because many users will have the same password for email addresses and internet services they use.
Facebook users are now encouraged to enter their mobile number so that Facebook can notify them when their account is accessed from a computer or mobile device they haven’t used before.
It’s really easy to implement following these simple steps;
- Log into Facebook
- Select your Account Settings from the right hand side of the screen
- Click on the Security tab on the left hand side of the screen
- Click on Edit on the right hand side of Login Notifications
- Select Text message/Push notification
- You will need to re-enter your password and then you can add your mobile number
- You will then receive a confirmation code to your mobile, enter this on screen to enable your text message notifications.