Nott Tuesday's Tech Awards – here’s what happened…Topic: Esendex news
Last night we sponsored Nott Tuesday’s Tech Startup of the Year Awards. We provided Esendex flavoured pizza and the drinks for the night!
Nott Tuesday supports Nottingham startups in all aspects of running a business and enables them to learn from other like-minded entrepreneurs.
For this year’s awards, six startups had just five minutes to pitch! There was a panel of 5 experienced judges who selected two winners.
Here are this year’s finalists:
New Startup of the Year
· Call for Participants offers a global place for finding research to take part in or for advertising your study to find the right participants.
· Cronofy (One Diary) is a platform for organising time, who are building tools to manage the flexible work-life balance of the 21st century.
· LockDock (Summus) integrates into existing electronic locks, turning your smartphone into a digital key for doors, garages, gates, padlocks and more.
· Tickityboom make mobile games for women aged 35 and older. They’re developing new apps with irresistible characters and compulsive narrative hooks.
Emerging Startup of the Year
· ENSEK are a software and data company dedicated to helping both energy suppliers and industry specialists to effectively manage their data.
· Highclere Interiors are shaking up traditional interiors by combining their cozy showroom with digital tools like PatternReference; a wallpaper identifier – a bit like Shazam but for wallpaper.
It was a fantastic evening; all of the startups did a great job of pitching and answering the probing questions (Dragons Den style). However, there could only be two winners! The winner of the New Startup of the Year Award went to Cronofy and the winner of the Emerging Startup of the Year Award went to Ensek.
Congratulations to everyone who took part!